Job #: req13607
Organization: World Bank Sector: Information Technology Recruitment
Type: Local Recruitment
Department/Division: ITSNI - Network & Infrastructure Delivery (ITSNI)
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months Hire
Required Language(s): English Preferred Language(s):
Closing Date: 11/19/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
About the World Bank Group:
Established in 1944, the World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, the WBG works with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations.
Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through
extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
ITSGC Department Context
The Global Telecoms & Client Services (ITSGC) department within ITS provides global communications and client services, products, and support for all member organizations across the World Bank Group. Services provided by ITSGC include: global network, unified communications (Telephony and Video-conferencing), end-user device and mobility service provisioning, IT support (Helpdesk, front-line IT support and IT training), rapid application delivery services for the entire World Bank Group, as well as coordination and implementation of all infrastructure projects facing World Bank Group country offices.
This position is a part of the World Bank Group’s Network & Infrastructure Delivery Unit (ITSNI), which falls under ITSGC. ITSNI is seeking a junior-level network engineer in the network engineering team.
The ideal candidate will be a recent university graduate, fluent in English, with a solid understanding of network engineering fundamentals, including layer 2 concepts (VLANs, STP), routing (BGP, OSPF), network services (DNS, DHCP) and experience with Linux operating systems and automation tools/scripts (Python, Perl, Bash, Ansible).
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintaining WBG’s network infrastructure for country offices and HQ.
- Maintaining WBG’s network automation tools and scripts.
- Monitoring the performance and diagnosing problems in all aspects of the network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, DHCP, DNS), so that acceptable levels of performance are always maintained.
- Enhancing the team’s proactive monitoring capability by creating automated reports/alerts (using Splunk) for network events.
- Updating documentation (drawings, spreadsheets, procedures) of the network and producing reports in a fashion that is useful for peer and management review.
- Handling escalation calls from the NOC, performing triage, resolving problems, or escalate to team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience or Associates Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Two years of network engineering experience.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, IPSec, GRE, DHCP, DNS, subnetting, VLANs, STP, OSFP, and BGP.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches.
- Experience with packet capture tools (e.g., Wireshark, tcpdump) and the ability to analyze them.
- Experience with Linux operating system. •Knowledge and basic understanding of Azure DevOps.
- knowledge of modern scripting languages (Perl, Python, Bash) and automation engines (Ansible, Jenkins).
- Ability to learn new concepts and approaches in solving network problems.
- Fluency in English (verbal/written) and good communication skills.
Note: The selected person will be hired on a 3 year renewable Term contract which can be extended based on business needs and performance.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
If interested, apply here: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=13607…
Deadline for applications: 19.11.2021