Playtech is the gambling industry's leading technology company, delivering business intelligence-driven gambling software, services, content and platform technology across the industry’s most popular product verticals, including casino, live casino, sports betting, virtual sports, bingo and poker. It is the pioneer of omni-channel gambling technology through its integrated platform technology, Playtech ONE. Playtech ONE delivers data-driven marketing expertise, single wallet functionality, CRM and safer gambling solutions across one single platform across product verticals and across retail and online.
Playtech partners with and invests in the leading brands in regulated and newly regulated markets to deliver its data-driven gambling technology across the retail and online value chain. Playtech provides its technology on a B2B basis to the industry’s leading retail and online operators, land-based casino groups and government sponsored entities such as lotteries.
Playtech has in total c.5,900 employees across 18 countries and is headquartered in the Isle of Man. The Playtech Bulgaria team is built of more than 160 highly skilled developers, QA and IT experts who participate in the development of Poker, Casino and IMS products, which are essential part of Playtech’s product portfolio.
We’re looking for a Java Intern to join our Poker team. During the internship, you will be working on a highly scalable, available 24/7 Java SE server platform. Our main challenges are to make the system work smoothly with almost no delays and provide an excellent player experience. We’re trying to pay attention to details and believe that everything can be done better.
The daily tasks
- Follow branching strategy and perform the initial testing of applications;
- In case of delay of the current task - need to inform SM/Dev Manager
- To be able to run their own local servers and to verify the task
- According to their own capabilities to provide real estimations
- Documenting the code
- Report progress on current tasks
- Very good attention to details
- Understanding of Client-Server architecture
- Understanding of OOP
- Understanding the concept of multithreading
- Good analytical skills
- Understanding of git, maven
- Basic knowledge of SQL (Select/Update/Delete queries)
- Problem solver skills
- Good knowledge of Poker is a BIG plus
- Knowledge of multi-threaded real-time applications is a plus;
- Intermediate English
- Paid internship with a 6-hour work day
- Opportunity to become a permanent employee after the internship
- A bright team ready to train you and mentor you
- Real complicated engineering tasks and projects that challenge your skills
- Friendly environment in a team of highly skilled and motivated young people
JOIN US AND START YOUR JAVA JOURNEY NOW